Make a life list – and what to put on it
When you really start thinking about what you want out of life – it is a good idea to get some structure on your thoughts. Get some of those goals out of your head and down on a piece of paper.
One great tip is to make a ‘life list’. A ‘life list’ is composed of all those things you want to do in your life, places you want to visit, things you want to do. Basically it is a list of things you would like to have done before you die. Some people also call this a Bucket List. I do not know why. Is not a bucket something one carries water in? Must be an English word I just do not understand.
Anyway – back to the list:
If you do not know where to start – try to imagine you are told you only have a year left to live. What would you make sure to do in the time you had left? We all have to die. I just think most of us kind of pretend that common rule does not apply for us specifically. We live as if we are here forever. However we are not.
Suddenly having a deadline makes you wonder of what to do. So: what things would you like to have done when you are about to die. What things would you regret if you did not do them? Or at least did your best to do them.
Now, take out your pen and paper. Start writing down what comes to mind as you read these questions (Hint: Don’t think too much. Just write down what comes to mind)
- What would you do if you had unlimited money and resources?
- What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
- What countries, places or locations would you like to visit?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- Whom do you want to see in person?
- What achievements do you want to have?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?
- What are the most important things you can ever do?
- What would you like to say or do together with the people you love?
- What do you need to do to lead a life of the greatest meaning?
If you never tried making a Bucket List try it. It is fun and a source of many new ideas. If you get stuck there is plenty of help to find on the Internet. But do yourself a favor: Make some considerations of you own before you start reading others list.
Bringing More Courage to the World – One Post at a Time
Did this post hit a spot? Please drop a comment and share it with your friends